Tips to Finding a Contractor for Window Replacement
(ARA) - Installing new windows can do wonders for your home. It will make your home more energy efficient and add new style. Window installation is a major project, so here are a few tips to make the process easier.
If you are thinking about replacing your windows, consider the cost of the windows as well as the potential energy savings you can expect from newer, energy efficient windows. Replacement windows eliminate leaks and lessen heat transfer for lower heating and cooling bills. You can also get windows with special tinting that helps keep ultraviolet rays from adding unwanted heat to your home.
Consider everything you will need to do to install the windows yourself: the proper tools, taking correct measurements for a good fit, leveling the window, and caulking after installation to prevent leakage.
If you are not confident that you can easily and safely do an accurate installation, don’t hesitate to hire a contractor to help you. Considering the amount of time you’ll spend on the project, a contractor may be a good option.
* Figure out exactly what you want, including the style, materials and any fixtures you’ll need. The more specific you are, the more accurate the estimates will be.
* Set a budget. By shopping and educating yourself thoroughly about what you want and what’s available, your budget will cover the project and the estimate will be on target with the project’s actual cost.
* Get at least three quotes. Using online referral sites may be a good solution. Give each potential contractor the same specifications. This will help you compare the bids they submit.
* Compare prices, quality of materials and timeline from each bidder. Don’t hesitate to ask questions on anything that seems unclear. Make sure all your questions are answered from each contractor before you make a final decision.
* Get a contract. Decide on a contractor and get a written contract that describes everything in detail. Once it’s down on paper and signed by both parties there’s no disputing what the original agreement contained.
How to get online contractor referrals:
Go to ReliableRemodeler.com, select a project category to explain your home improvement project. They will contact you within 24 business hours to verify receipt of your project request and clarify any details about your project. Then up to four of their member contractors will contact you within 48 business hours to schedule a free estimate on your project. Then a project representative will follow up with you to make sure you are satisfied with the service you received. Finally, you decide on the contractor that’s right for your project and get started!
Log on to www.ReliableRemodeler.com to get your remodeling project started today.
Copyright © 2007, ARAnet, inc.